Wagyu Roast Beef Recipe
Using Japanese Wagyu beef, you can enjoy tender, juicy roast beef like you've never had it before. Here's how to make it at home:
Ingredients (for 2-3 people)
- Japanese A5 Wagyu RUMP Roast: 1.0 lb (16 oz)
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic paste
- Thyme or Rosemary
- Rub salt, pepper and garlic and some herbs like thyme or rosemary into whole meat. (Tips: better to put more salt + pepper than what you think)
- Wrap the meat with Kitchen foil and leave it under room temperature until the meat's center temperature becomes 59°F (15°C). This helps to keep flavors in and can keep the meat as room temperature.
- Place the wagyu fat (preferable. otherwise cooking oil) into pan and sear the meat with medium heat to grill the surface. This helps meat juice (Umami) to remain inside of meat.
- Make over temperature at 250°F (120°C) and place the meat in. (Tips: better to place the meat on the plate. By doing this, you can use wagyu fat later!)
- Keep oven until the meat’s center temperature reaches 122°F (50°C), which usually takes about 1.5 hour. (Tips: keep monitoring the meat's center temperature and also baste the wagyu fat comes out of the meat).
- Once the meat's center temperature becomes 122°F (50°C), place the meat out of oven and roll it up with aluminum foil and leave it until the meat temperature becomes 122°F (50°C).