Sukiyaki is a special occasion dish, here using onions that bring sweetness and tartness that coats the deliciously rich Wagyu!!!!
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- Wagyu STRIPLOIN Shaved Meat or CHUCK ROLL Shaved Meat or CLOD Shaved Meat: 350 g (12oz)
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Onion: 1 large (300g(10oz)) Olive
- Vegetables (whatever you like)
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Sake: 30 ml (1oz)
- Mirin: 130 ml (4.4oz)
- Soy sauce: 50 ml (1.7oz)
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
How to cook Sukiyaki
- On a portable propane burner, heat olive oil in a sukiyaki pot over medium heat and saute sliced garlic.
- Make the simmering sauce in a separate saucepan by bringing sake and mirin to a boil to reduce alcohol.
- Add soy sauce and sugar to 2, stirring to melt sugar.
- When garlic in sukiyaki pot is fragrant, add sliced onions. Add simmering sauce to sukiyaki pot.
- When sauce has come to a simmer, add sliced tomatoes (1/6 wedges). When onions are soft, drape 2 or 3 slices of Wagyu over onions.
- Serve sukiyaki when meat is lightly cooked. Continue adding onions, vegetables, and beef to pot, cooking as desired before serving.