Beef stroganoff (also known as beef Stroganov) is a famous Russian dish of sauted onions and mushrooms with good portion of beef cuts, cooked in a rich beef broth and has a nice touch of sour cream.
You never imagine to cook with Japanese Wagyu Striploin Kiriotoshi…
Ingredients (for 2 people):
- Japanese Wagyu Striploin Kiriotoshi (see product page): 300g (about 1.5 tray)
- Onion: 1
- White wine: 150ml (5oz)
- Mushroom: 4
- Thyme: 1 piece
- Laurier: 2 leaves
- Heavy cream: 80ml (2.7oz)
- Pickles: 5 pieces
- Parsley: some
- Olive oil: some
- Steamed rice or pasta
- As preparation, chop Striploin Kiriotoshi into one bite size and season with salt and pepper. Slice onion, mushroom and pickles. Chop parsley.
- Put one tablespoon of Olive oil into pot and brown sliced onion (about 30 minutes). Add some water when it looks getting burned. When it becomes pasty, pour white wine and stir it until it reduced to 1/3 as its volume.
- Saute mushroom in one teaspoon of Olive oil until wilted over high heat in pan.
- Put Thyme and Laurier into the pot (above 2) with enough water to cover all ingredients and boil over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Sear Striploin Kiriotoshi with ½ teaspoon of Olive oil over medium high heat in the pan and once it is seared enough, remove the Olive oil out and put above 4 into and lightly boil together.
- Add heavy cream, pickles and top with chopped parsley.