Rice with simmered beef and onion with soy sauce flavor. This is one of the most casual and popular dishes in Japan. But, once it is cooked with Japanese Wagyu Beef…. You will see…
Ingredients (for 2 people):
- Japanese Wagyu Striploin Slices (see product page): 300g (about 1.5 tray)
- Rice: 600g (21oz)
- Onion: ½ cut
- Shiitake mushroom (or any mushroom): 2 pieces
- Cooking sake: 30ml (0.12 cup)
- Soy Sauce: 45ml (0.19 cup)
- Cooking rice wine (Mirin): 120ml (1/2 cup)
- Heat Onion with Cooking sake, Cooking rice wine in the pot until it comes to a boil.
- Place Shiitake mushroom in the pot. Once it becomes the color ready (very light brown), place the Wagyu slices into the pot and lightly simmer.
- When Wagyu slices become brownish (better if it still remains pick color), place the slices out of pan.
- Skim off foam from the pan and turn off the heat.
- Serve boiled rice with 3 and 4 in the bawl (pour simmered water too).