The longer stew, the tendon becomes the more tender and juicy. The sweetness of the beef tendon and the fat from the wagyu beef soak into the other ingredients, making it very flavorful. It is a perfect dish to accompany drinks.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- Japanese A5 Wagyu STRIPLOIN TENDON [Stew Block]: 9 oz
- Daikon Radish: 10 oz
- Ginger: 2 cloves
- Spring Onion (Green part): 4.5 inch
- Sake: 3.5 oz
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce: 2 tbsp
- Mirin: 2 tbsp
- Green Onion: as needed
- Cut the Japanese A5 Wagyu STRIPLOIN TENDON [Stew Block] into bite-sized pieces. Cut the ginger into thin slices.
- Put the Japanese A5 Wagyu STRIPLOIN TENDON [Stew Block] and enough water to cover it in a pot and heat it. When the water comes to a boil, simmer for about an hour while removing the scum, then wash in a colander.
- Put (2), daikon radish, ginger and green part of spring onion in a pot, add water (54oz), sake and sugar and heat.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, remove the green onions, add soy sauce and mirin, and simmer for another 30 minutes. Add soy sauce and mirin.