This is a recipe for a dish commonly eaten in Japan, arranged with wagyu beef. Although it is a very simple and easy dish using only beef, the sweet and savory taste of the wagyu beef combined with the rice gives it an addictive taste.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- Any of following Japanese Wagyu: 10oz
Japanese A5 Wagyu Tenderloin End
Japanese A5 Wagyu Tenderloin Whole Cut
Japanese A5 FLAT IRON End
- Japanese rice: 2 cups
- Bouillon cube: 2
- Soy sauce: 2 table spoons
- Sake: 1 table spoon
- Mirin: 2 table spoons
- Chopped scallion: as much as you like
- When cooking the rice, add 2 bouillon.
- Cut the meat into 1.5cm (0.6 inch) cubes. Put soy sauce, sake and mirin in a bowl and soak the cut meat in it for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cooked rice with the meat that has been marinated in the sauce.
※The residual heat from the rice will cook the meat and make it rare, but you can grill the meat if you want it to be cooked through.
- Add the chopped scallion and stir to combine.
※You can replace the scallion anything else you like.