Hamachi (Yellowtail) Carpaccio
Hamachi carpaccio is one of the dishes that looks great and can be served as an appetizer or main course. If you use sashimi-grade hamachi, you can easily make a hearty carpaccio. Try making this dish for parties or celebratory meals.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
・Hamachi Loin (Yellow Tail) : 8-9oz
・Salt & Pepper: To taste
・Baby Leaf Salad: 1/4bag
・Olive oil: 3 table spoons
・Soy sauce: Less than 1 table spoon
・Lemon juice: 3 tea spoons (to taste)
・Pepper: 4 shakes
・Salt: 1/3 tea spoon
・Grated garlic: 1 tea spoon
・Dried basil: 20 shakes
How to cook Japanese Style Hamachi Carpaccio
- Slice the hamachi into 0.5cm thick slices and place them on a plate in a circle. You can leave the center open.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper lightly over the hamachi.
- Place a generous amount of baby leaves in the center.
※You can add any vegetables you like.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
※If you like it more sour, adjust by increasing the amount of lemon juice.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over all.