This recipe is very easy to make and is great for parties and appetizers. The garlic flavor, the rich sweetness of the wagyu beef, and the Japanese seasoning combine to make a mouthwatering dish.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- Any of following Japanese Wagyu: 3.5oz
Japanese A5 Wagyu Tenderloin End
Japanese A5 Wagyu Tenderloin Whole Cut
Japanese A5 FLAT IRON End
- French bread: 1 loaf
- Olive oil: 1/4 cup
- Minced garlic: 2 cloves
- Chopped fresh basil: 1/3 cup
- Sliced scallions: 3-4 stalks
- Sesame oil: 2 tea spoons
- Ponzu: 2 tea spoons
- salt: to taste
- pepper: to taste
- Cut the bread into desired thickness and toast it.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, basil, and mix well. Spread over the top of the golden brown bread.
- Cut the meat into about 1-inch cubes just before it is completely thawed.
- Put the finely chopped scallions in a bowl, mix the sesame oil, salt and pepper, and ponzu together, and combine that with the wagyu.
- Place the wagyu on the bread and you're ready to go.