While it may look difficult to make your own Sushi Roll, it's actually not hard at all! With our Sushi Roll recipe (below) and Sushi Rice tips, you can now enjoy a homemade dish. Here are tips and tricks for making Sushi Roll like a restaurant at home:
・Sushi Rice (See instructions here): 5.5-7oz
・Nori (Seaweed Sheets): 2 sheets
・Wasabi: whatever you like
How to Cook Sushi Roll
1. Cut the Seafood and/or Wagyu Shaved Meat into 1cm (0.4inch) sticks. Divide the sushi rice into two equal portions.
2. Place the nori on the bamboo mat and spread half of the rice thinly. Make sure to leave about 1cm of space at the top.
If you don't have a bamboo mat, you can substitute plastic wrap.
3. Spread wasabi in a straight line almost in the center of the rice and place the Seafood and/or Japanese Wagyu Shaved Meat on top of it. If the tuna isn't long enough, you can add more if it's not long enough.
4. While holding the ingredients with your hands, roll up the entire roll from the front.
5. After winding it up, tighten it with both hands and take it out of the bamboo mat and put it on a dry cutting board.
6. After rolling the sushi rolls, leave them aside for a little while to allow the nori and sushi rice to blend. After wetting a sharp knife, lightly dry it and cut the sushi with a large back and forth movement of the knife so as not to crush it.