Turn round, lean meat into the most tender beef stew you've ever tasted with this Japanese Wagyu recipe:
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- Japanese Wagyu Top Round (coming up soon): 800g (about 1/2 of case)
- Red wine: 500cc (about 2 cups)
- Celery: 2
- Potato: 2
- Carrot: 1
- Consomme: 1 piece
- Laurier: 2 leaves
- Tomato Juice: 190g (6.5 oz)
- Demiglace Sauce: 500g (17.5oz)
- Salt and Pepper
- Water: 100cc (0.4 cup)
- Kiwi: 1
- Onion: 1
- Ketchup: 3 tablespoons
- Place the wagyu round meats in the pot and pour red wine to cover whole meats.
- Put sliced kiwi into 1 and leave for 1 hour.
- Saute sliced celery and onion in the different pot and place meats (above 2, but only meats).
- Once meat becomes brown, put water and laurier.
- Simmer 4 over low heat for 1 hour. Keep skimming off foam.
- Add red wine (above 2, but replace kiwi) and consommé in the pot.
- Simmer 6 over low heat for 1.5 hour.
- Put tomato juice, demiglace sauce and ketchup into 7 and simmer over low heat for 40 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Put carrot and potato into 8 and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.