With a light sear, Japanese Wagyu is full of flavor and sweetness! We definitely recommend enjoying Wagyu Sushi and Toro Sushi at home using this recipe:
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- Wagyu STRIPLOIN Shaved Meat: 230 g (1 tray)
- Rice: 320 g (11oz)
- Grated horseradish (fresh or jarred): 8 g (0.3oz)
- Seasoned vinegar: 30 ml (1oz)
- Sugar: 1.5 tablespoon
- Salt: 1.5 teaspoon
How to Cook Wagyu Sushi
- Cook rice in an equal amount of water (320g (11oz)).
- Mix seasoned vinegar with sugar and salt. Simmer to dissolve.
- Fold vinegar mixture into cooked rice, using swift cutting and folding motions with a rice paddle (or flat wooden spoon).
- Score top surface of each slice of meats with crosshatches.
- Lightly sear the scored top surface of each slice using a propane burner.
- To make nigiri sushi, shape seasoned rice into pieces and drape with seared meat. Garnish each nigiri with a small dollop of horseradish.