This is one of the easiest and most popular dishes in Japanese. Once you make it with Japanese Wagyu, you'll see why!
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- Japanese Wagyu Striploin Trimmings: 300g (2/3 tray) OR Japanese Wagyu Short Plate Shaved Meat: 300g (1.5 tray) OR Japanese Wagyu Chuck Shabu Shabu Slice: 300g (1.5 tray)
- Rice: 600g (21oz)
- Onion: ½ cut
- Shiitake mushroom (or any mushroom): 2 pieces
- Cooking sake: 30ml (0.12 cup)
- Soy Sauce: 45ml (0.19 cup)
- Cooking rice wine (Mirin): 120ml (1/2 cup)
- Heat Onion with Cooking sake, Cooking rice wine in the pot until it comes to a boil.
- Place Shiitake mushroom in the pot. Once it becomes the color ready (very light brown), place the Wagyu Trimmings (or slices) into the pot and lightly simmer.
- When Wagyu Trimmings (or slices) become brownish (better if it still remains pick color), place the slices out of pan.
- Skim off foam from the pan and turn off the heat.
- Serve boiled rice with 3 and 4 in the bawl (pour simmered water too).