Japanese Wagyu Sukiyaki Recipe
Sukiyaki is a special occasion dish that uses onions to coat deliciously rich Japanese Wagyu with sweet, tart flavor. Enjoy this unique and flavorful dish when you order our Japanese Wagyu beef online.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- Wagyu STRIPLOIN Shaved Meat or Chuck Roll Shaved Meat: 350 g (12oz)
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Onion: 1 large (300g(10oz)) Olive
- Vegetables (whatever you like)
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Sake: 30 ml (1oz)
- Mirin: 130 ml (4.4oz)
- Soy sauce: 50 ml (1.7oz)
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
How to Cook Sukiyaki
- On a portable propane burner, heat olive oil in a sukiyaki pot over medium heat and saute sliced garlic.
- Make the simmering sauce in a separate saucepan by bringing sake and mirin to a boil to reduce alcohol.
- Add soy sauce and sugar to 2, stirring to melt sugar.
- When garlic in sukiyaki pot is fragrant, add sliced onions. Add simmering sauce to sukiyaki pot.
- When sauce has come to a simmer, add sliced tomatoes (1/6 wedges). When onions are soft, drape 2 or 3 slices of Wagyu over onions.
- Serve sukiyaki when meat is lightly cooked. Continue adding onions, vegetables, and beef to pot, cooking as desired before serving.